Friday, January 10, 2014

One Month

Today marks one month since my grandpa died. I can't believe it's only been a month, and is already a month at the same time. It's crazy how time can move so quickly and slowly all at once.

I really miss him. A lot.

It's not something I have talked a lot about since the initial pain and grief wore off, and the Christmas season was in full swing, but it still hurts.

Exactly a month ago today, we knew it wouldn't be long. Just another day or so before he would be at rest. It was the tenth, and my favorite day of the month because of the Ten on Ten project (hosted by Rebekah over at "A Bit of Sunshine"). I only managed to snap a few photos, and never even posted them because halfway through the day I got the call that grandpa was gone. He had gone home to be with his Savior, which I am so thankful for...but it's still hard not having him around.




I miss him. I think anyone who knew and loved him still misses him. We probably always will. I was trying to capture festive photos of the Christmas season, but looking at this picture now, the reindeer just looks so sad. Fitting considering this was taken just an hour or so before my grandpa took his last breath.

.    .    .

I am looking forward to taking photos and posting them later today for Ten on Ten. It's a new year and a fresh start. I am looking forward to capturing a snapshot of what today brings, and having it documented here on my blog for months and years to come.

Happy Tenth!

No comments:

Post a Comment