Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Smattering of Thoughts & Photos

I'm not sure that "smattering" is really a word, but that's how this post feels in my head, so here goes!

Harry is as good as two. 

T-W-O! 

Only one sleep until his party and three days until his actual birthday. 

I cannot believe it. But I'm so excited! 

His birthday is way more fun than my own now that I'm his mama. 

He got a clean bill of health at his 2-year-checkup yesterday. Ears are healed which means no tubes (unless he gets another ear infection in the near future). Praying that's not the case, but we'll face that bridge if and when it comes. 

This news was seriously an answer to prayer! Praise Jesus!!!


I love taking pictures of Harry at his doctor's appointments. It's funny to look back at how much he's changed!

Here he is at his first doctor's appointment at less than a week old:


Doesn't even look like the same kid!

.    .    .

Here are a few peeks at things I've made to decorate his party. It's a Little Blue Truck theme :) One of our favorite books...and so fun to use as inspiration!


"Harry is 2!" banner


...and some table top decor. 

The rest will have to wait for a post on Monday after the celebrating has taken place and I have (way too many) photos to share!

.    .    .

This weekend I've been reading in Lamentations and 2 Timothy, two books of the Bible full of wisdom and encouragement. 

I love little Harry in the background playing with his trains and watching Thomas while I got to spend some quality time in God's Word yesterday. It was such a relaxing time and good for him to see me making time to spend with Jesus (rather than always doing it when he's asleep).


"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail!
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; 
therefore I will wait for him."
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him,
to the one who seeks him ;
It is good to wait quietly for
the salvation of the Lord!"

>>  Lamentations 3:22-26  <<

No comments:

Post a Comment