Saturday, January 4, 2014

52/52



"A portrait of Harrison, once a week, every week in 2013."


I may not have been the best at posting these photos on a regular basis. But I took a photo every week (or close to it) to document 2013 which was basically Harrison's 2nd year of life. I am SO GLAD that I did this project and am not sure how I want to document 2014, but I am definitely going to be printing this photo collection out and putting them together in a book. So many special moments that have been captured of our sweet boy this year thanks to my commitment to this photo project (click the image above for more info).

Some of the moments were small and seemingly insignificant.  

Some were big and unforgettable. 

I think my favorite thing is that together these photos document the changes that have happened over the past twelve months. Some changes were subtle, some were more obvious, but without these photos I may have missed them along the way.

"They" say kids grow up way too fast, and it's true. But I've also found that on the other hand, time with kids moves slowly. Having Harry around has forced me to slow down and look at life through a different lens. To reevaluate what is most important during this season, and to learn to let go of what doesn't really matter.


Sweet Harrison, this year has been another for the record books. A delight with your presence in our family. I am still in awe that God has entrusted you to me - that I get to be your mama - it is my life's greatest blessing and JOY! I cannot wait to celebrate your 2nd birthday soon, and see what this next year has in store for us. Your first year was such a special one as we got to you know you as our first baby, but this year we have been witness to you becoming a little boy. Seeing the change in your face in these two pictures just reaffirms the fact that you are no longer our little baby. 

Here's to a new year, to twelve more months of life together as a family! 

Happy 2014 big BOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment