Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mother's Day :: (over) Two Months Late

I meant to post about Mother's Day in May, you know...around the time that it happened.

And then life just kept happening. Kind of like I thought this summer I'd print photos, make Harry's first year scrapbook, and make a "family video" of Harry's first (and going on second) year.

And none of that has happened (yet). I'm trying to think positive because there's still about a month left of summer...but I'm also okay if these things don't get done.

Anyway, back to Mother's Day! I tried Stitch Fix for the first time and absolutely LOVED it! I am hoping to get another fix for my birthday next month :)

If you don't know how it works you can click here for more info, but basically you pay $20 to have a stylist choose five items for you based on an extensive profile that you create by answering their questions about your body type and style. It's actually really fun to fill out.

The $20 you spend goes toward whatever you decide to keep. So you get your package in the mail.



SURPRISE! It's so much fun to try on these surprise items. It felt like Christmas morning! :)

You can try them out with accessories and other items in your wardrobe. You then have three days to decide what you want to keep and what you're sending back. They provide you with a bag to ship it in (postage already taken care of) so you just pop what you don't want back in the mail and they only charge you for what you kept.

If you love all five items you also get a 25% discount off the total. I loved 4/5 so I decided to just keep my top three and send two back.

Here are a few photos from my fix :)


I LOVED the green chevron dress (and it has pockets...so fun) and the lace top on the bottom right. The blue top wasn't my favorite straight out of the box, but once I decided to keep it...I ironed it and paired it with some coral cords, and I LOVED it! It turned out to be one of my VERY FAVORITE SHIRTS. I love the top right shirt, but not on me...it just fit me in the chest kind of funny, and the bracelet was gorgeous but I didn't want to spend too much so I settled on my three favorites.







These pictures look funny to me, but I forced Josh to play photographer right when I got my fix. I wish I would have taken better photos, but oh well.

I highly recommend trying it out! If you hate it all (which I doubt you will) you do lose the $20 styling fee...but I wanted to try it once just to see, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it turned out. 

If you end up wanting to try it out, click this link to tell StitchFix that I referred you and I'll get a $25 credit (that's a good deal right?!) :) They also have a blog, pinterest and instagram so you can follow along and get ideas for being more creative with your wardrobe. So fun!

.    .    .

Harry sent me flowers at work for Mother's Day, which completely made my whole week!
 (thanks Josh for being so thoughtful!)


This year we went out to eat with both sides of our families, including both great-grandmas!

It was so nice to enjoy a long dinner with everyone we wanted to see on Mother's Day, and not have to leave one celebration early to meet up with the rest of the family.

Here's my sweet little family! I am truly one VERY blessed mama!


I wanted to take a photo of Harry with each of his grandmas. So sweet! :)


Grandma Matt :)


Grandma Lamb :)


And both great-grandmas!!!
Gigi (my grandma) on the left, and Great-Grandma Matt (Josh's grandma) on the right!

It was a wonderful weekend spent with the best moms, grandmas, and great-grandma's around!

No comments:

Post a Comment