Monday, July 22, 2013

What?!?! It's 7:30 and Harry is still SLEEPING?!?!

I'm a morning person. I'm sure I've said that once, or maybe a million times. I tend to tell the same stories again and again (which drives my hubby crazy).

Anyway, God blessed me with a son who also likes to get up early.

Let's go back. I am was a morning person...until having a kid and now that I can never sleep in, I don't enjoy getting up early anymore.

But today I set my alarm for 5:40am. Yes, on a summer day. I know. It's a little crazy, but being a mom will make you a little crazy at times. I laid in bed until 5:45 because CRAP that is way too early to be getting out of bed on a non-work day. After rolling out of bed and making myself some coffee I have to admit that it was COMPLETELY WORTH IT!

I've had nearly 2 hours of uninterrupted quiet time which means:
  • I got caught up on my She Reads Truth devotionals (going on vacation kind of set me back a bit). 
  • I actually wrote down my prayers in my journal...something that doesn't happen enough these days.
  • I wrote two cards to two special friends :)
  • My coffee was consumed without having to be reheated in the microwave (which usually happens two or three times, on a good day).
.    .    .

[ photo edited with #abeautifulmess app ]

Thank you Jesus for this mroning. For extra sleeps from my little guy so that I could spend my morning reading your Word and spending time in prayer. You are so GOOD and I am so thankful for all that you've been teaching me lately, through She Reads Truth's "Women of the Bible" series, through Mars Hill's ACTS series...and just through time in your Word and in prayer.

Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment