Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Coffee Date :: Comparison


How are you?

For me, the answer is usually that I'm good or that things are going fine. Sometimes that's completely true. But most of the time it's more complicated than that.

I am doing well and also desiring to be better. Life is a wonderful blessing, but it's also a challenge. Lately I've been struggling with comparison a LOT. Comparing myself to others as a wife, mother, friend, you name it. As if that weren't bad enough, I've been finding that I'm not only comparing myself to others, but I'm also comparing myself to what I wish I were like, or how I think I should be.

I'd love to say that I've figured it out and am on the other side of this struggle, but I'm not. I'm right in the middle of it and I'm just having to work it out slowly but surely. Being off Facebook has been really nice, kind of refreshing. But my thoughts go straight to comparison too often, with or without social media. It leaves me feeling inadequate, confused, dissatisfied...I'll keep you posted on what God teaches me through this.

Do you struggle with this? Is there an area of your life that you're struggling with or learning a lot about right now?

I'd love to know...because my goal thus week to be intentional about prayer and I'd love to be able to lift you up in prayer specifically! :)

.    .    .

On a less serious note, here are a few pics from my weekend! We celebrated our friend Bryan's birthday at a yummy new restaurant in Seattle.










Josh and I enjoyed the movie "Safety Not Guaranteed". We know the guy on the far left. He was just an "extra" but was on the screen for a couple of minutes! Such a small world!


Harry enjoyed a little greek yogurt yesterday with some granola. It was very serious business...obviously! ;)


Thanks for enjoying some coffee with me this morning! Hope you can make it to our weekly date next week.

2 comments:

  1. Is that the assistant principal from Auburn?! Haha I love you and am praying for/with you in this battle. Lets get together soon!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Love!!! I appreciate your prayers. And yes...he was our assistant principal and he's married to my old principal at the school I work at. Crazy small world. It's a pretty cute independent movie. Maybe we can get together in the next week or two. I'll text you when I get a phone back (see my latest post about it being stolen, ugh!) LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete