Thursday, April 4, 2013

In ALL Things + Embracing the Camera

For a while I was just trying to get through the day. Every day. Being a working mom of a barely one-year-old is draining. I wouldn't change it for anything, I am so blessed to be Harry's mama and to have the job that I do. But it honestly wears me out.

So time spent reading God's Word, journaling and spending time in prayer really slipped through the cracks for a while.

Just recently I rearranged my craft room (I even posted a few photos here), which has given me space to keep my sewing machine out, and more importantly a place to sit and use my laptop.  I posted a link to She Reads Truth earlier this week, but having space to read their daily devotional and actually crack open my Bible first thing each morning has been amazing.

It's been almost two weeks now and I am feeling such a difference in my heart and it's spilling into my life. Instead of just going through the motions and trying to get through the day without forgetting something I'm supposed to do...each day has a new purpose. I am being reminded of who God is and how GOOD He is every. single. day.

Instead of being overwhelmed, frustrated, tired (okay I'm still a little tired, but that's unavoidable given my current life stage), self-focused, etc. I am finding myself thinking more about God. It's so refreshing! He is far better to think about than I am!

Are you in a rut with the Lord? Has it been a while since you opened His Word? I was too but I am changing (by His grace) and it is rocking my world!

Here's the link again to She Reads Truth. We're on Day 4 of a series about prayer. Jump on in with me :) It's not too much reading but it is changing my perspective!

And if you're a mom and want some encouragement today, head on over to the Scottyboy & Katygirl blog and read THIS post about how a challenging parenting moment reminded Katy of her own relationship with Jesus. It's all about repentance and forgiveness (which is what today's #shereadstruth post is about too)

And here's me in a photo, because let's be honest...I take way too many photos of other people. Instead of "embracing the camera" with someone though...I'm embracing it in my new and improved craft room, which is my favorite spot in the house because it's where I've been able to reconnect with God lately! :) Check out The Anderson Crew for more details about "Embrace the Camera"!

No comments:

Post a Comment