Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Letter: 3 Years

Dear Harrison,

Three years ago today, you were born. I am in AWE of how you made our family so full. Full of laughter, joy, tears, hugs, noise, smooches, and lots and lots of messes. Seriously, you are the boss of making a mess. All we have to do is give you about 10 minutes and the house looks like a disaster zone. Even though it makes me crazy sometimes...I really LOVE the mess. I love that life is no longer quiet and tidy with you around.

Now that you're three (and potty-trained :) WAHOO!) I finally feel like I have a big boy. My baby is slipping away, and while the thought of it used to make me cry, I am so glad you are three. You are loving and tender-hearted. You can be bossy and sometimes rude...but mostly you just love to make people laugh and discover "silly" things that make you laugh.

Oh, that belly laugh. I wish I could bottle it up to save forever.

You still love trains, planes, cars...pretty much anything that zooms. You also love animals. Lately you like to be "Harry tiger" which automatically makes me "Mommy tiger". We play this game with animals, super-heros...you name it!

The other day on the way home from school you were telling me about which letters are "for" your friends. "H is for Harry. M is for Myla..." I am amazed by the things you are learning on a daily basis.

Last night when I told you "three more bites" of dinner, without skipping a beat you responded with "Dad told me two bites". I looked over at your Daddy who shook his head laughing. He had said no such thing! How do you already come up with stuff like that?! We couldn't help but laugh...but don't get any ideas...your Dad and I are on the same team. I'm sure this is just the first of many attempts to try to get what you want. You really are a kid now!

Happy 3rd birthday sweet Harry boy!



I hope today is wonderful day for you.

Most importantly, today and always, I hope that you know how deeply you are loved. Not just by your family but by Jesus. He knows you better than anyone ever will, and He delights in you my big boy. My greatest hope and prayer for your life is that you grow to know Jesus too. That with every passing year you will grow in a deeper understanding of who Jesus is, and what He has done for you. He has truly changed my life, and continues to do so daily.

It's the greatest adventure you will ever go on, walking with Jesus. I can tell already that you have such an adventurous heart. Your favorite stories involve wild animals like in the Jungle Book, the adventures of your favorite characters from Toy Story, anything with swords, and lately the story of David and Goliath (which you pronounce "Gwi-wif"). Trust me...living for Jesus will be full of grand adventures. I cannot wait to see how and where He leads you in your life.

I'm about to go wake you up (I just can't wait to hug and kiss you). It's time to eat a birthday doughnut for breakfast!!! And tonight after Daddy and I pick you up from school it'll be a special birthday dinner with the three of us. We can't wait to hang out with you and treat you to ice cream for dessert!



...and even though we had your party, I think there's a special present waiting for you to open tonight.

Thanks for being our boy. You are such a blessing in our lives. Seriously...the BEST gift we have ever received came to us the moment you were born.


Love always,

Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment