Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Making Some Changes

I am married to a dreamer and a goal setter. My husband has always dreamed big and set to achieve even the loftiest of his goals...and then the crazy thing is that he sticks with it.

He has climbed Mount Rainier, ridden his bike from Seattle to Portland (the STP) twice three times. He taught himself to play the guitar. He competed nationally as an olympic weightlifter, until he had to have back surgery. The list goes on.

Josh and I couldn't be more different.  

But I want to be better about working toward the things that are important to me. His drive and determination have inspired me to rearrange my priorities and truly make time for the things that inspire me.

So that's where this blog comes in.

Blogging is something I have done for the past few years, and while I have a number of blogs that I read on a regular basis, my own blogging has been hit or miss.

I love to write, and take pictures. But I have trouble finding time to sit down and share them here on my blog. My goal this year has been to make a change in this area. The main things I enjoy online are sharing photos and reading blogs...so I'm going to focus my attention on those things here at Wrapped in Delight.

I want my blog to be a space where I can be creative and share that with others (even if it is only a few people). I decided a while ago to categorize my posts into the following topics:

Jesus
marriage
motherhood
things that inspire me
my home
the everyday
photography
what I am thankful for

On the right column you will find "blog buttons" that will link you to all of my posts that pertain to these topics.

They've been there for a couple of months now, but I thought I'd write a post to explain why they are there. Click one and see if it helps you get to know me a little better.

.    .    .

[Disclaimer: Some of the topics get far more posts than others, but my goal is to be better about writing on a variety of topics, other than the usuals (ie: posts about Harry, or just everyday stuff). Thanks for having some patience with me as I work on bettering my blog!]

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Krysta, As I read your blog I was happy and sad at the same time. Happy because it is always good to have goals and to attain them. I am sure that you will be able to do all the things that you have set before you. There was sadness because I don't want you to miss all the things that you already do so well -- You are an awesome mother, faithful child of God, wonderful daughter, attentive granddaughter, creative and loving teacher, faithful to the daily tasks in life and the list can go. It is sad that our culture sometimes sees "climbing Mt. Rainer" as an awesome goal to be met (and I would admit that it is) but doesn't see the faithfulness in relationships and to the dailiness of life just as awesome. In act, being faithful to the daily is often the hardest goal of all. I encourage you to try to live the ordinary life extraordinary well. This is what Harry and all will remember. I look forward to reading all your blogs but if you miss one or two because you chose to play with Harry or just "veg" on the couch, I'll be happy about that too! Know I love you so very much!! From the moment I first held you, you've held a special place in my heart. I am holding you in prayer each day!!!

    ReplyDelete