Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thank you mom!

Trying to remind myself that someday this stage of my life will only be a memory. Most of the time I absolutely love being a mom but having a sick baby makes me tired. I'm the kind of person that does best with a lot of sleep. I've adjusted to getting up in the night, but consoling a sick baby all night (for going on four nights) is completely different. And of course this is happening on Josh's last week of graveyards, so I'm flying solo.

I guess my point is:

1. I'm exhausted.

2. This week has really tested my patience and ability to put another person's needs before my own.

and

3. I am so thankful for my own mom. There have been countless times throughout my life that she has stayed up to console me when I've been sick. And she has always put my needs before her own.

I know I'm not the only mom with a sick child this week. And I know that a cold is not that big of a deal in the scheme of life, but right now it's my life. And it's stretching me to my limits. I hope by the time Harry is old enough to have memories I will have learned how to be less selfish.

Thanks mom for being such a good example of how to love your kids! I love you and am so grateful to call you my mom and friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment