Monday, December 17, 2012

Advent

This year I've been terrible about changing our little advent calendar each day. And I used to enjoy those chocolate filled ones when I was a kid but not anymore.

Instead I've been following along with "She Reads Truth" and their Advent reading plan. It's linked to my "You Version" Bible app so I can read it online, on my phone, or on my kindle.

Especially in light of Friday's tragedy and the heavy heart that I've had all weekend, the only thing that makes any sense to me is to focus on the Truth of God.

SheReadsTruth
Have you ever checked out "She Reads Truth" before? I am really loving this website and the encouragement that it is to my faith. Following along with their Advent reading plan has been a good challenge and encouragement to me during this season of anticipating Christ's coming to be with us, and all that his life, death, and resurrection mean in my life.

If you're looking for a way to be encouraged and challenged to grow in your relationship with Jesus...or you're just curious about what the Bible says and how it applies to your life, I highly recommend checking out this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment