Friday, February 21, 2014

Savoring

This week has been delightful. 

I have been home on mid-winter break, and I am seriously savoring every. single. moment!


There are definitely "mid-winter-break-haters", and I'm sure they have their reasons, but I am certainly not one of them. 

You may think teachers get too many breaks, but in all honesty we need them; at least I know that I do.  Teaching is a wonderful career, but it is exhausting. In order to maintain my sanity, and do my job to the best of my ability, well...I need weeks like this one to just be.  

This week, I needed to spend lots of time at home, to ignore bigger chores/projects that I should do and just have ordinary days.  I needed to watch movies with Harry, to play trains, read books, and most of all spend lots of quality time with people. 

It has been glorious - not extravagant, but ordinary. 

And I have loved every minute!


I can't say I'm fully ready for this week to be over; thankfully I still have a few days left. 

But I can say that having a whole week to step back, slow down, and focus on my family (and life outside of work) has been refreshing. I think it's given me the boost I need to make it through the gray and gloomy winter weeks ahead...and into the hope that comes in spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment