Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Letter: Month Seven


Dear Harrison,
Today is bittersweet for me. I am beyond thrilled that you are seven months old, and I have literally had the absolute best summer EVER, but today I start a new school year. 
I am not ready for summer to be over yet.



The one thing that is getting me through the thought of missing you ALL DAY long today is the fact that you are going to be spending time with my dear friend Hilary whenever I’m at work. She and I have known each other since we were in middle school and she cannot wait to take care of you! You’ll be playing all day with her son Landon (who I’m sure will be one of your good buddies growing up). He was born in May, which makes him about eight months older than you. He’s busy and such a sweet boy, I am so excited for you to spend so much time with him this school year because I know it’ll be very entertaining for you to watch all of the things he can do! I’m sure you’ll learn all about being a busy boy from him. Knowing that Hilary will be taking such good care of you and Landon every day makes me so thankful. Not every mom gets to take her little one to a friend to watch while she’s working. Your Daddy and I feel very blessed that you’ll be in such wonderful hands!
Well my chubby boy, you are such a sweetie. This month has been a hard one for my family because your Great-Grandpa had a stroke and has been in a rehabilitation center for several weeks. We have been spending a lot of time visiting him the past few weeks, and I really don’t know who has loved it more, you or Great-Grandpa. He has a picture of you framed in his room and he loves looking at it.
Every time you come in the room he absolutely lights up. It’s so sweet to watch him talk with you. He calls you his “little pussycat” which is kind of silly, but he loves cats more than anything, and it’s the nickname he gave you before he got sick so hearing him call you that is extra special. The other residents where he lives also get a kick out of seeing you. I think it’s a combination of your blue eyes, blonde hair, toothy grin, and your ultra chubby legs that brings everyone in the rehab center so much joy.  Last week we met Trudy and Virginia, two older ladies who just couldn’t stop gushing over how precious you are. No matter what, you are always so happy when we’re there—even when you were getting new teeth (in the past two weeks you’ve gotten three teeth! Holy cow Little Mister…for your sake I hope the next tooth takes a little time before it comes in).
Aside from all the time we have spent visiting Great-Grandpa (and Great-Grandma, or Gigi as she likes to be called) we have also spent lots of time enjoying each other’s company this month.  We have gone on many walks, practiced rolling, played with toys, read books, and laughed a lot.
You’re so chatty these days. You make lots of fun sounds and giggle all the time. You are SUPER ticklish on the back of your neck, and under your armpits and chin. You can sit like a champ…I’m pretty sure if I let you, you could sit all day and play with toys or just your hands and feet. When you’re on your tummy you can push yourself up really well. Sometimes it looks like you’re doing push-ups. You still haven’t rolled without assistance, but you barely need any help so it’s not that you can’t do it but more like you know we want you to and you just won’t.
This week you’ve started to wave with your hands. I don’t think you know that it’s a wave, but you see us opening and shutting our hands at you, and have figured out that you can do it too. It’s so adorable. We have also been teaching you “more” and “all done” in sign language when we feed you and today you finally showed your Daddy “more” (you did it once last week for Grandma Lamb and I, but Daddy didn’t believe it until he saw it for himself).



You’ve got three teeth on the bottom, one side top tooth, and one of your front top ones just broke the skin today. If the other top one doesn’t come in soon you’ll have a jack-o-lantern smile because there’ll be a gap on top. We’ll see…
Even with all the pain you’ve had cutting these teeth, you have remained one of the most relaxed and happy babies I’ve ever met. You seriously just go with the flow and seem to be happy no matter where we are or what we’re up to. Oh Harry, you are just such a source of joy to your Mama! J And everyone else in your life!

Well Harry, even though summer is over I promise this next month will be a good one too. Fall is really my favorite season of the year and I am SO looking forward to watching you take it all in, the crunchy leaves and all of the holiday festivities. I know you’re going to love it all.
Love Always,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment