Tuesday, April 12, 2016

We Got a Mini-Van

After twelve faithful years, we said farewell to the my Honda Civic, Esmerelda. She came into my life at the beginning of college and has seen me through many phases of life: college, engagement, marriage, first home, becoming a teacher, our second home, having Harry...


There'll always be a special place in my heart for this car...but man are we excited about the upgrade! Harry most of all :) The whole time we were shopping for the van, Harry kept asking "Did you find the perfect mini-van yet?" 

And when we actually got it...he was LITERALLY over the moon with excitement!

We haven't decided on a name yet, but his first idea was Jupiter (he's a little space-obsessed these days).


Here's Harry giving Daddy a high-five before we signed the paperwork. He chose gray for the color, which we all approved of!

And here I am standing in front of my very own "swagger-wagon". Whoever dislikes mini-vans, just come for a ride with us and maybe it'll change your mind. It's AMAZING! :) 



A boy, and "his" mini-van!



Here are a couple of videos I took of his first reaction to the van!




I'll end with my favorite quote so far (he has asked me to stop telling people the story because it makes him embarrassed...how did he get so grown up?!). When we went to church the day after we got the van, Harry excitedly said:

"I'm going to tell my teacher about our new mini-van, and she's going to be so impressed!"

...we'll see if he still loves the van in eleven years when he's learned to drive in it ;) lol! But I have proof in these photos and videos that he LOVED it when was four! 

No comments:

Post a Comment