Friday, May 2, 2014

She Shares Truth: Commissioned Moments

What holds you back from being available for commissioned moments? When have you experienced a commissioned moment and how did you witness God’s supernatural power at work? Pray and ask God to present a commissioned moment. Then let’s gather to share our stories and encourage one another.

"When they say Him, they worshipped Him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the end of the age."

|  Matthew 28:17-20  |

This. Is. CONVICTING to me.

I am right there in the midst of worship and doubt, as much as I hate to admit it. And unfortunately my doubt gets in the way of me being fully open and ready for the kind of "commissioned moments" that Jesus commands us to live in. 

And still...Jesus comes. 

This amazes me. He sees my worship, tainted with doubt, and still chooses to come and speak into my life. Sure, He commands a lot from me - to go and make disciples - but He promises to BE WITH ME ALWAYS. I had to read this passage a few times for this promise to begin to sink in.

I have a loving and supportive family, and several close friends that I know I can count on. And while I'd like to think they'll always be there for me...they are human and imperfect, just like I am. We let each other down because we are selfish. It's just the reality of human relationships.

But with Jesus it is different. His promise is true and He never changes so I know for certain that I am not alone. The part that is hard to fully accept is the fact that He is with me in my doubt. He doesn't require me to have it all together before He calls me to follow Him and share the Gospel with others. 

So while I'd like to share amazing stories of how I've been faithful to share Christ with strangers when I've felt God putting it on my heart, I honestly think this is an area that I need to humbly repent in. I've not been faithful to worship Jesus in this way. I've held back for fear of what people might think or say. I'm all for encouraging fellow believers in their faith, and while that brings God glory and helps others along in their relationship with Him...I am convicted that God wants me to step out in faith and be ready at any moment to boldly proclaim the Gospel to whoever He might want me to share it with.

.    .    .

How about you? 

Where are you at in this area of your faith? 

Have you been on the receiving end of a "commissioned moment"? Or do you have an example of how God used you to share the Gospel with someone else?

I'd love to hear in the comments!

...and if you're like me, let's not be ashamed, or condemn ourselves. Instead, let me know and we can pray for one another in this area!

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus
Romans 8:1

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic, encouragement from Romans 8! My blog, which I just now published, deals mostly with a time that I ignored a commissioned moment. It's a hard thing to go through, but even that leads to a deeper relationship with our loving Father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Esther! It helps knowing I'm not the only one...and SO THANKFUL that God continues to pursue and love us in our weakness. He is SO LOVING and SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete