Friday, April 18, 2014

Almost Easter :: Good Friday Reflections

"Surely He took up our pain and bore our suffering, 
yet we considered Him punished by God, 
stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us PEACE was on Him,
and by His wounds we are healed."

|  Isaiah 53:4-5  |


Jesus lived a perfect life.
He died the death that I deserve.
He bore the sin & shame of the whole world on the cross.

It is finished. 

My peace in this life and my salvation (the promise of eternal life with Him) is secured by what Jesus has done.

Jesus was killed, on my behalf. And on yours.
He conquered death and is reigning and alive today.
He is my savior; I am HONORED to call myself a Christian.

Tonight I am reflecting on what it means to pick up my cross and follow Him.

He is MORE THAN WORTHY of my worship.

It is by His wounds that I am made whole.

THANK YOU JESUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment