Thursday, August 11, 2016

Letter :: Ellis :: Month Three

Dear Ellis,

Oh your sweet smiles!

Thanks for being such an easy baby. I could honestly have three more babies if I knew they’d be as easy as you’ve been the past three months. I know that there may come a stage, or two, in the near future that will give me a run for my money…but in the meantime I’m just going to soak you up.



Speaking of soaking…you’re constantly drooling. You love to chomp down on my finger (or anyone’s for that matter)…and you must go through at least four bibs a day. I cannot believe how much drool you’re able to create and leak out, but if my memory serves me correctly, Harry was the same way and he got his teeth super early. Not sure when yours will pop through, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened sometime in the next month.

You love facing out and being able to see what’s going on, especially when it comes to your big brother. You’re about the size of a six-month-old so you’re able to sit facing out in the carrier I have and you are absolutely loving it. It’s the only way I can get my grocery shopping done these days – plus your car seat is getting so heavy with you inside that it’s hard for me to lift it.


This month you’ve started smiling more, and laugh (though it’s nearly impossible to catch on camera because as soon as my phone and/or camera come out you freeze up). You love to sit in your high chair and watch Harry play in the family room, or watch me cook in the kitchen.

You’ve also been sleeping for longer stretches at night. Not always, but many times now you’ve slept for 7-7.5 hours at a time. It’s so glorious to get more sleep, but it almost makes me feel more groggy because my body is so shocked by it ;)…looking forward to sleeping through the night consistently (whenever you’re ready, you can count me in)!

You really love it when your daddy talks/sings to you. He says “Hello” to you in this deep voice that never fails to bring a smile to your face. I love seeing you interact with him (and I know he loves it too). Work for Daddy has been pretty overwhelming lately (many long hours and tough cases he’s been working on) and you (and Harry of course) are definitely the bright spot in his life each day.


We love you more and more each passing day sweet boy. You’ve somehow acquired the nickname “brother bear” and we often call you “Ellis Bo Bellis”, just “Bo Bellis” or even “Mr. Bellis” at times. I know…we’re a little weird, but you’ll get used to us.



If you think the sunshine and fun we’ve had in the past month are great, just wait because our big trip to Hawaii is coming up just before your four-month birthday and it is going to be epic!
I love you, sweet Ellis! Thanks for going with the flow and coming along for all of our summer adventures…whether it’s to the library to get new books for bedtime stories, or hanging out in the shade at the park while your brother plays…you’ve been the best little sidekick (and the chubbiest one too…which is always so cute and all the better to snuggle with).


Love you to Jupiter (and back)…or maybe to one of those Dwarf Planets your brother has been learning about lately. Either way, I love you A WHOLE LOT!

Love always,


Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment