Saturday, June 20, 2015

I Think I'm Allergic to Dust


It's time to dust this ol' blog off. (Thanks Karla for inspiring me/calling me out! And for checking back periodically in hopes of an update.)

The thing is, I actually enjoy writing. I'm not fantastic at it, but I like it.

I started this blog because I was inspired by other blogs I read, and I love having a place to reflect on my life experiences. Sharing photos is fun too.

Clearly, I'm not very good at keeping up on it.

I hate the feeling that I'm so behind. I struggle to do things halfway, and when I feel overwhelmed by a task I often find myself stuck - frozen in place, wanting to move forward but incapable of taking the next step because I feel unprepared to take every step after that.

The truth is that there are a thousand things that I haven't blogged about; meanwhile the memories keep coming, and the dust just builds up.

Which (side note) I think I'm allergic to dust + grass, an almost lethal combination lately. If you've seen me in person, you know what I mean. In case you haven't seen me lately...this is what I've been looking like on a daily basis:


So here's what I'm going to choose to do. Take a step. Write a blog post. And then hopefully another. Even though it's a little dusty...and I'm not ready to take every single step ahead...I think I can handle sitting down today and writing for a little while.

There you go. My first post since Mother's Day. And a horrible picture of my swollen itchy eyes.

I had a coworker approach me this week to make sure everything was okay. The tone in her voice told me that she was concerned someone had died. I assured her I was fine...and proceeded to (attempt to) wear makeup the rest of the week.

In other news: IT'S OFFICIALLY SUMMER! Thank you Jesus for the glory that is having 2 months off from work. Even though I have to go to trainings next week I have completed my SEVENTH YEAR OF TEACHING. Talk about time flying. I think I'm considered a veteran by now ;)

Follow my #mattsummer15 hashtag on instagram to see pics of all of our summer adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment