Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Today's the Day

Well it's here.

The first day of school, for both Harry and I.

I slept well. I'm ready and the car is packed with all of the first day stuff for both Harrison and I. He's sleeping soundly which means I have 30 quiet minutes to myself before it's time to get him ready and hit the road.

Hopefully I got my tears out yesterday, and a few here and there over the past couple of weeks. He is going to be well taken care of, it's a very loving daycare/preschool. I am going to be just fine. I know these things in my head, but it's been a bit of a roller coaster when it comes to the heart. Something about changing your childcare situation is just overwhelming. I know that I have worked full-time as a mom for a while now, but this feels different. It's like he's going to school for the first time, and I'm having a hard time letting go.

This summer was glorious. It was completely ordinary, but it was most definitely the best summer I have ever had. Watching Harry grow into a toddler before my eyes was so much fun. I am more in love with this kid today than I ever thought possible.

Which is why I think this transition is so hard for me. Next summer he'll be a whole year older, and I'm sure it'll be just as wonderful as it was this year...but I just don't want to say goodbye to this season.

Life.

Oh well...time just keeps on moving and things change. It's just life right?

I know. And after today I will just have to get over it. But for just a brief moment I'm letting myself feel what I'm feeling. A sense of loss in a way; saying goodbye to what used to be, and hello to a whole new normal. Harry will be safe and loved, he will learn new things at school that will help him continue to grow up. These are all good things. And I will most likely definitely be letting my house get more messy than normal because my free time will be spent with my little man (and my main man too). Snuggling them close and appreciating them all the more because we won't have quite as much time together during the day.

If you read this and want to send a prayer to heaven for me, Harry (and his teachers too)...I would so appreciate it! I know that God is near to me in this emotional struggle. And that He will be near to both Harry and I as we navigate our new routine.

Also, I have a huge class this year...thankfully I guess I've been more focused on life at home to really worry about it

No comments:

Post a Comment